Honda EU1000I and EU2000I: Which portable generator is the better option for you? Still, have no idea? Let’s scroll down to find the answer!
Differences Between Honda EU1000I and EU2000I
The first thing both generators have in common is that they use gasoline. However, the fuel tank capacity of the EU2000I is slightly larger than that of the EU1000i (0.9 gallons vs 0.6 gallons).
In terms of working time, the Honda GX100 98.5 cc engine of EU2000I can operate for about 8 hours at 25% load and 3.5 hours at full load. While the EU1000i’s Honda GX50 49.4 cc engine exhibits less impressive capabilities, it can only sustain a working process for 6.8 hours at 25% load and 3 hours at full load.
Besides, EU2000I produces 900W of output and 1800W of maximum starting watts. It can also generate a running power of 1600W and a maximum power of 2000W.
However, the manufacturer only recommends using these two product models for small appliances and basic household items such as microwave ovens, coffee makers, TVs.
Honda also received many compliments for both generator models for their noise levels and energy-saving ability. More specifically, Honda EU1000I consumes around 0.08 GPH while the EU2000I uses a little more. Both generate noise levels at 53 to 59 dBA, which is less noisy than a normal conversation.
Those who prioritize compactness in dimensions will love the Honda EU1000i due to its compactness of 17.7 x 9.4 x 15 inches. With a built-in handle and 29 pounds of weights, bringing the product with you on camping trips is never a difficult task.
By comparison, Honda EU2000I seems cumbersome with 20.1 inches in length, 11.4 inches in width, and 16.7 inches in height. Despite the same design, carrying it is tougher than the other model as it weighs 1.5 times heavier (45.6 pounds).
Both generators have in common that they all include one 120V AC and one 12V DC. Two products also provide parallel operation outlets, which means you can connect another generator to double the output.
Additionally, they are all capable of reporting emergencies, including oil alert, overload alarm, and output indicator through a trio of LED lights on the control panel.
The manufacturer also applies a fuel-saving mode for two generators (starting by turning on the Eco-Throttle button). Similarly, Honda EU1000i and EU2000I also have the same oil-alert shutdown mode.
We enjoy the Honda EU2000I safety experience more, as it fully meets both CARB and EPA requirements (which means it is completely legal for use in Canada and the United States).
However, two generators operate on the traditional pull principles. We would appreciate them more if they included a start switch in this case.
Another disadvantage of the two is the lack of a fuel gauge. Hence, you need to remove the fuel tank cap to check the remaining gas, which is not effective in the event of a sudden power cut.
Quick Rundown Of Honda EU1000i
- Lightweight and compact: weighing only 29 lbs., the EU1000i is incredibly lightweight and portable, it's easy to get it to your destination
- So quiet, your neighbors will thank you, the EU1000i operates at 53 to 59 dBA, which is less noise than a normal conversation, this makes it ideal for camping, supplemental RV power and any other activity that requires quiet operation
- Honda's inverter technology means stable, clean power in a smaller, lighter package, the precision of Honda's inverter technology ensures our inverter generators produce power that is as reliable as the power you get from your outlets at home
- Protected by oil alert: this protects the generator by shutting the engine off when low oil pressure is detected
- Thanks to our exclusive eco-throttle system, the EU1000i offers fuel efficiency, it runs up to 8.3 hours on a single tank, depending on the load.
Quick Rundown Of Honda EU2000I
This article has just shown you a detailed comparison of “Honda EU1000i vs EU2000I”. If you prioritize a long operation process with a large capacity, the EU2000I is a good choice. However, it would be best if you bought a Honda EU1000i for mobility. As a final word, we hope this article can help you develop your favorite one.