Many people often compare Yamaha EF2400iSHC vs Honda EU2000i when they weigh up which generator they should use for their caravan.
To simplify your decision-making process, today’s article will give you a comparison between these two generator models. Let’s see which one is worth every penny!
Differences Between Yamaha EF2400iSHC Vs Honda Eu2000i
How do you feel about the designs of Yamaha and Honda?
Besides the difference in the two colors of branded paint, blue and red, the weight also makes a difference to be mentioned. Furthermore, the Honda generator is designed to be significantly lighter than the Yamaha product.
The weight figures are 45.60 pounds and 75 pounds respectively. Therefore, it is easier to move and carry a Honda EU2000i generator. However, because Yamaha EF2400iSHC provides more power, it will have to have a bigger weight.
One plus point for Yamaha EF2400iSHC is that it owns the Fuel Gauge Monitor so you can easily check the current fuel level quickly. Unfortunately, Honda did not equip this feature on its product design.
It is not a precise like-for-like comparison, however, Yamaha EF2400iSHC and Honda EU2000i are not the same in terms of their utilities. You can see the table below to see some differences in specifications:
First, the advantage of power belongs to Yamaha EF2400iSHC when its products own the maximum output of 2400w. It is significantly larger than the figure of 2000 watt provided by Honda EU2000i.
In terms of noise level, Honda products are always highly appreciated when minimizing annoying noises. The noise generated by the Honda product is just equal to a normal conversation. For its part, Yamaha EF2400iSHC only has a little bit more noise level than Honda. Nevertheless, the difference is not so much.
Fuel tanks equipped on two generators also have different capacities in which Yamaha’s fuel tanks are designed to be nearly twice larger, 1.6 gals vs 0.95 gals.
However, run-time is another story. The Honda EU2000i can operate continuously for eight hours at 25% load. Quite close to this figure, Yamaha EF2400iSHC offers a runtime of 8.6 hours at 25%. From that, it is true to say that both Honda EU2000i and EF2400iSHC are fuel-efficient.
Care and maintenance are two essential elements to ensure a device can be used effectively and long term. Both Honda EU2000i and Yamaha EF2400iSHC offer a warranty within 3 months from the date of purchase.
Quick Rundown Of Yamaha EF2400iSHC
- Increased motor starting capability and improved air conditioner starting
- Provides power that is as clean, or cleaner than commercial power and adjusts the engine speed to precisely match the load
- Prevents engine damage caused by low oil, avoiding costly repairs and minimizing down time, adding customer confidence and peace of mind
- Improved efficiency, increased reliability, quieter operation and easy portability; Cast iron cylinder liner— Provides long engine life and consistent performance during continuous use
- Will run most 13,500 btu RV air conditioners, microwave/convection ovens, or even the biggest hair blow dryer
- Easy to use
- Simple control panel
- Good warranty policy
- Equipped Fuel Gauge Monitor
- Reliable brand
- No wheel
- No electric start
- Not cheap
- No 220V outlet
Quick Rundown Of Honda EU2000i
- 2000 watts, 120V
- Ideal for TV/DVD, satellite, fridge, coffee pot, and more
- Super quiet
- Easy to carry
- Fuel efficient - up to 8.1 hrs on 1 gal of gas
- Quiet operation
- High fuel efficiency
- Reliable brand
- Good warranty
- Honda stopped selling this model and replaced with Honda EU2200i
- 2000W maybe not enough for some people
Yamaha EF2400iSHC vs Honda EU2000i? So the battle is over now. I hope that you and many other people have understood the comparison between these two generators along with the pros and cons of each model.
If we have to pick one, we would opt for Yamaha EF2400iSHC because of its easy-to-use design, brand, or greater output power. How about your decision? Show us in the comment section.