Honda EU3000IS and EU2000I: Which portable generator is the better option for you? Still, have no idea? Let’s scroll down to find the answer!
Differences Between Honda EU3000IS and EU2000I
Like many other Honda inverter generators, both EU3000iS and EU2000i are run by gasoline. EU3000iS fuel tank capability stands around 3.4 gallons while that of EU2000i can hold only 0.9 gallons.
Equipped with Honda GX200, the EU3000iS engine starts at 3100W and goes stable around 2800W. Meanwhile, EU2000i goes with Honda GX100. Accordingly, the EU2000i model is rated for 2000 starting watts and 1600 running watts. Without a doubt, EU3000iS scores a victory when it comes to power production.
With a much better engine, EU3000iS can run for 20 hours at 25% load (fuel consumption ~0.17 GPH) and 7 hours at its best. The EU2000i model has a more modest run time, 8 hours at 25% load (fuel consumption ~0.12 GPH) and 3.4 hours at 100% load.
Both models have the Eco-Throttle, which allows the engine to automatically adjust to produce the power needed only.
Both models are marketed as super-quiet, and it turns out that they actually are. However, the engine of EU3000iS running at 100% load performs more quietly than that of EU2000i, respectively 58 decibels and 59 decibels.
According to Honda manufacturers, the THD (total harmonic distortion) of both models stays below 3%. This implies that they are suitable for sensitive electronic devices and systems.
Regarding portability, EU2000i wins due to its lightweight and smaller dimensions. EU2000i weighs 45.6 lbs, measuring 20.2″ x 11.4″ x 16.7″ (L x W x H). Meanwhile, EU3000iS is much heavier, weighing 131 lbs and its specifications are 25.9″ x 17.6″ x 22.0″.
Usually, Honda generators share a similar outlook, coating them with red and black colors. But at a glance, the EU2000i model has a more flexible and compact design.
It would be best if you purchase additional wheels for both EU3000iS and EU2000i, which will help move the generators easily as they are quite heavy to move around with hands.
To run the engine of EU3000iS, you can find the electric start button on the generator’s control panel and simply turn on the “On-Machine”. It can also be ignited when you manually pull the recoil on the side to get the EU3000iS run.
Being an old version in the Honda generator list, EU2000i can only be started by the manual recoil on the side of the machine.
Honda has always invested a lot to make the starting process easy and quick. For both models, there is not much force needed to ignite the engine.
Two models operate on dual AC and DC outlets. However, the power outlet from EU3000iS is stronger than from EU2000i. Though none of them support USB ports, this does not really matter much after all.
One cool thing is the EU3000iS is supported with Honda advanced inverter technology that can produce cleaner power. This kind of technology, according to Honda, is the best choice for electricity-sensitive equipment.
Quick Rundown Of Honda EU3000IS
- Popular model can operate a wide variety of appliances, including a furnace, fridge, microwave, TV, blenders, most 13,500 BTU RV AC units and much more
- Super quiet: so quiet, your neighbors will thank you; the EU3000is operates at 49 to 58 dB (A), which is less noise than a normal conversation; this makes it ideal for camping, RV power and any other activity that requires quiet operation
- Fuel efficient runs up to 20 hours on 3.4 Gal. of fuel: thanks to our exclusive eco-throttle, the EU3000 is offers great fuel efficiency, it runs 7.2 to 20 hours on a single tank, depending on the load, this makes it great for overnight power
- Advanced inverter technology - reliable power for computers and other sensitive equipment: Honda's inverter technology means stable, clean power in a smaller, lighter package; the precision of Honda's inverter technology ensures our inverter generators pr
- Protected by oil alert: this protects the generator by shutting the engine off when low oil is detected
Quick Rundown Of Honda EU2000I
- 2000 watts, 120V
- Ideal for TV/DVD, satellite, fridge, coffee pot, and more
- Super quiet
- Easy to carry
- Fuel efficient - up to 8.1 hrs on 1 gal of gas
We hope this article has provided you with enough information between Honda EU3000iS vs EU2000i to make the final decision. If your budget is not too tight, Honda EU3000iS is worth considering its power stability and power time. If you want a more portable and affordable generator, you should go for EU2000i.