Honda EU3000IS and EU7000IS: Which portable generator is the better option for you? Still, have no idea? Let’s scroll down to find the answer!
Differences Between Honda EU3000IS and EU7000IS
Below is a summary of the specifications:
Speaking of engine power, the Honda EU7000is comes with a GX390 EFI OHV 4-stroke engine with a displacement volume of up to 389cc. This powerful engine can produce 5500W in normal and 7000 in maximum. These numbers are twice the capacity of an average inverter generator.
However, although having a huge engine, this machine is very good at reducing noise with only 52dBA.
There are three ways to start the engine of EU7000is. You can use the traditional recoil pull, electric starter, and remote starter,
Meanwhile, the Honda EU3000is uses a much smaller engine with a normal wattage of only 2800W. When reaching maximum speed, it can produce 3000W, which is nearly half of the competitor.
It can be seen that the Honda EU3000is is quite noisy. Although this engine is much weaker than the EU7000is, its noise is approximate that for EU7000is with 50 dBA.
You can not start the EU3000is remotely; this feature is not integrated into this version. You can start in 2 ways, either pull the cord traditionally or use the electric starter.
In terms of the usage time, with a fuel tank capacity of 5.1 gallons, the Honda EU7000is can last for 16 hours. This figure for honda EU3000is is higher, the number of which is 20 hours, although it only is equipped with the 3.4-gallon fuel tank.
Weaker motors will have lower Energy Consumption. Therefore the Energy Consumption of Honda EU3000is is only 0,17 GPH which is half of Honda EU7000is.
Both Honda eu3000is vs Eu7000is have a low THD, <3%, which allows the machines to be suitable for sensitive electronic devices.
With a huge engine, the EU7000is has a bulky design when compared to its competitor. The dimensions of Honda EU7000is and EU3000is are 33.4 x 27.6 x 28.4 inches and 25.9 x 17.6 x 22.0 inches respectively.
In terms of weight, the EU700is is much heavier than other carry-on inverter generators. With 261 pounds in weight, it is installed in the wheel kit for moving around. Contrastly, EU3000is is slightly more than 75 pounds in weight. You can even move it with one hand.
Thanks to its compact design, EU3000is is suitable for outdoor activities and camping. The larger design of EU7000is makes it fit for a home backup generator.
Another difference between the two machines is the number of AC drives. EU7000is only have 2, while EU3000is have up to 6.
Both machines are friendly to the users. They are equipped with oil alert, running hours, output, engine speed.
Quick Rundown Of Honda EU3000iS
- Popular model can operate a wide variety of appliances, including a furnace, fridge, microwave, TV, blenders, most 13,500 BTU RV AC units and much more
- Super quiet: so quiet, your neighbors will thank you; the EU3000is operates at 49 to 58 dB (A), which is less noise than a normal conversation; this makes it ideal for camping, RV power and any other activity that requires quiet operation
- Fuel efficient runs up to 20 hours on 3.4 Gal. of fuel: thanks to our exclusive eco-throttle, the EU3000 is offers great fuel efficiency, it runs 7.2 to 20 hours on a single tank, depending on the load, this makes it great for overnight power
- Advanced inverter technology - reliable power for computers and other sensitive equipment: Honda's inverter technology means stable, clean power in a smaller, lighter package; the precision of Honda's inverter technology ensures our inverter generators pr
- Protected by oil alert: this protects the generator by shutting the engine off when low oil is detected
Quick Rundown Of Honda EU7000iS
- 389cc engine
- Electric start
- 7,000 watts of output
- Eco Throttle
- 36 month warranty
To sum up, the Honda EU7000is outperforms the Honda EU3000is for its powerful engine. It is the best backup generator for your house when in bad situations. Although it is a lot heavy, however, with the help of wheels, you can move it easily on a flat surface.
After reading this article, we hope that you’ve already known the pros and cons of these two models, honda EU3000is vs EU7000is.