Further down the page, you’ll find some explanations regarding the key similarities and differences between the Jet JWBS-14SFX and the Laguna MBAND1412.
Regarding the strength and rigidity, JWBS-14DXPRO takes the lead with its Iron Frame. Its super-strong blade can reach a speed of 1500 or 3000 ft/min, which will be more than enough to deal with the toughest wood you have.
Meanwhile, the Rikon 10-326 is slightly weaker when offering the blade speed at 1,445 or 2,950 ft/min. So, if you hope to have a piece of strength equipment, then JWBS must be the one for you.
On the cutting capacity, Rikon comes out on top with 13 ⅝ inches for the wide and 13 inches for the high (this number in JWBS is 13 ½ inches in wide and 12-inch height). As a result, Rikon is a good option to handle the big items.
When it comes to these criteria, both of these machines have a well-done design that you can easily realize once looking at their overall balance and stability. While some models in the market might lose them inter gritty or wobble during the time, these two particular machines can last for years.
The spacious worktable of these two items can handle the higher pressure of cutting big wood pieces. Therefore, in case you are targeting a tacking project, these two bandsaws are at the top option.
Regarding the weight and the dimension, Rikon offers the weight of 280 pounds and the size at 25 x 30 x 75 inches, which is a little bigger than JWBS at 247 pounds and 29 x 28 x 77 inches. Hence, if you are searching for one light and small machine, JWBS might be the right choice for you.
A minus point for JWBS is that it does not offer a fence with the machine, so you will need to buy it separately (meanwhile, Rikon offers you rip fence assembly). Although some people can use it without fences, it does affect the precision and efficiency of your work.
One of the most special features of JWBS is its systems of poly-V for belt drive, which will help the great and precise performance all the time.
Meanwhile, even though the Rikon does not have the belt drive feature, it offers you an adjustable rip fence so that you can neatly line up the work you are doing. Besides, this fence also keeps you safe from kickback that is even dangerous for professional bandsaws.
Another plus point of the two machines is their strong bandsaw at 14 inches, delivering a powerful tool to cut any large wood pieces.
Quick Rundown Of JET JWBS-14DXPRO
- Cuts Larger Pieces: Built-in 12" resaw capacity
- Increased Strength and Rigidity: Redesigned upper and lower cast iron frame
- Longer Blade Life: Upper and lower ball bearing guides reduce friction
- Added Convenience: Quick-release blade tension
- Handy Storage: Enclosed stand contains a storage shelf and easy access door
Possible to handle hardwood
Long-lasting[/i2pros][i2cons]Not include a fence
A little pricey[/i2cons][/i2pc]
Quick Rundown Of Rikon 10-326
- Three Innovative, Patent Pending features make adjusting this redesigned band saw easier than ever before!
- Spring Loaded, Tool-Less Blade Guides – easy & fast setting of the guides without wrenches!
- Quick-Adjust Rip Fence – adjusts for drift with the simple turning of a few knobs! No tools needed
- Quick-Lock Table Trunnion System – handy lever and gear unlock and set table angles in seconds!
- Extra Tall Rip Fence – Increased fence and re-saw bar heights of 6” give added support of lumber being ripped or re-sawn
Large table in iron
Go with rip fence[/i2pros][i2cons]A little pricey
Require separate mobility kit[/i2cons][/i2pc]
That is an overview of JET JWBS-14DXPRO vs Rikon 10-326. In general, each option has its benefits and drawbacks, but you will never need to regret purchasing these two bandsaws. If there is only one option, Rikon might be a better choice as this product goes with the rip fence that will keep you safe from any impact of the work!