Rikon has never let customers down when it comes to high-quality bandsaws. For this reason, every battle of its typical choices always becomes a hot topic around the world, and we cannot miss out on the confrontation between Rikon 10-324 vs 10-326.
If you are confused about which tool is superior, let our thorough review be your great assistant. Do not wait any further. Let’s move on!
Differences Between Rikon 10-324 and Rikon 10-326.
Rikon always strives to provide such good-quality band saws at a reasonable price. And both Rikon 10-324 vs 10-326 are not an exception. But the matter is whether these two items have any differences or not. Hence, we are going to discuss in terms of price and utilities in this article.
These Rikon bandsaws have a price range of $1100 to $1400, and Rikon 10-326 is slightly pricey than its opponent.
But it would be best if you remembered that price could be the first but not the most crucial factor while you consider a tool. You should take into account some other specs that we will mention below.
Although having the same dimensions, Rikon 10-324 and Rikon 10-326 hold a noticeable difference in weight. To be more specific, RIKON 10-324 weighs at 215 pounds, which is 65 pounds lighter than the 10-326 item. As a result, you will find it much more effortless to transport the 10-324 bandsaw around your area than its counterpart.
If you look for a bandsaw with superior performance and stability, you will feel completely satisfied with these Rikon products. They are all driven by a powerful 115 dual volt motor and generate two blade speeds including 1,445 FPM and 2,950 FPM. As a result, it is not a big deal to tackle the resawing and cutting of lumber, plastics, non-ferrous metal, or composites.
However, their motor horsepower and wattage have made a few differences to be mentioned. While RIKON 10-324 is powered with 1-1/2 HP TEFC and 1125 watts, its opponent has 1-3/4 HP TEFC and 1312 watts. Thus, we can assert that Rikon 10-326 is on another level.
On top of that, Rikon has equipped the 10-326 unit with three stunning features that you cannot find in the 10-324.
First, the spring-loaded blade guides assist you in setting up the guides without wrenches easily. Second, its rip fence is better than RIKON 10-324 thanks to its quick adjustment for drift within a few knobs.
Third, you will be amazed at its quick-lock table trunnion system that gives additional support to unlock the gear and set up table angles quickly.
Additionally, it is worth mentioning that the Rikon 10-326 bandsaw comes with a closed stand while the 10-324 has the opened one, which cannot hold the item well.
Quick Rundown Of Rikon 10-324
- Tool-less Thumbscrew Bearing Locks – No tools needed to adjust guide bearings
- Longer Fence Rail – Heavy duty steel rail 29” long
- Rugged welded steel column and frame
- Balanced cast aluminum drive wheels
- Resaw Capacity 13in Dual blade speed ranges – 1445 / 2950 FPM Wired for use with 3-wire 120V receptacles Includes 111in. x 5/8in. , 4 TPI, Regular blade
- Easy to transport around
- Provides sufficient powerful motor
- Amazing cutting capacity
- Has an attractive price point
- Lacks work light
- Has a weaker open stand compared to its opponent
Quick Rundown Of Rikon 10-326
- Three Innovative, Patent Pending features make adjusting this redesigned band saw easier than ever before!
- Spring Loaded, Tool-Less Blade Guides – easy & fast setting of the guides without wrenches!
- Quick-Adjust Rip Fence – adjusts for drift with the simple turning of a few knobs! No tools needed
- Quick-Lock Table Trunnion System – handy lever and gear unlock and set table angles in seconds!
- Extra Tall Rip Fence – Increased fence and re-saw bar heights of 6” give added support of lumber being ripped or re-sawn
- Has spring-loaded, tool-less blade guides
- Improved rip fence for better adjustment
- Comes with the quick-lock table trunnion system
- Delivers powerful motor
- Excellent cutting capacity
- Quite heavy
- A little bit pricey
Thanks to their high-end performance, both Rikon 10-324 vs 10-326 undeniably deliver all you can expect from a bandsaw. We believe that Rikon 10-326 perfectly fits for professional woodworkers who look for a superb tool.
But in case you are on a budget and just want to purchase a good bandsaw with sufficient power, you cannot go wrong with the 10-324 product. Hopefully, you can determine which tool suits your demands better through our comparison.
Popular Alternatives Worth Considering: