Are you looking for a full comparison of Karcher K2 vs. K3 vs. K4 vs. K5 before determining which one to buy? This post is for you. Check out now!
Karcher K2 vs K3 vs K4 vs K5 Review
1. Karcher K2 Pressure Washer Review
The Karcher K2 is a pressure washer with 1,600 PSI and 1.25 GPM, whose power produced is a bit on the weak side, but it can return your floor to its spotless state nonetheless. You can use this device for cleaning for some simple tasks like cleaning bikes, or chairs, etc.
The K2 is available in these four designs:
- Full Control Car
- Full Control Car & Home
- Premium Full Control
Like other pressure washers, this Karcher item has its motor cooling system in air-cooled mode at 1.400 watts. This machine is an easily portable model with twin wheels, a telescopic handle, and 16.8 pounds in weight.
Most Karcher pressure washers, including the K2, come with:
- A Vario wand with four settings that can accomplish various tasks by twisting its nozzle to different angles.
- A dirt blaster wand that can shoot higher-pressure water’s blasts with a rotating nozzle. It gives a 50% higher strength in removing stubborn dirt.
- A 4-meter high-pressure hose or a 6-meter one (Premium version)
There are also other accessories going along with different options like a patio cleaner, detergents, or a car cleaning kit.
However, one of the big drawbacks of the K2 is its cleanser delivery ability. This product doesn’t have any detergent applicator or tank; instead, it delivers soap using the pressure hose end.
The four settings of the Vario lance is a key feature contributing to the device’s great performance.
They are a mix, soft, medium, and hard. The first one is for blending detergents while the second mode fits for woodwork. The medium is better for cleaning furniture or cars, and hard mode works best to remove obstinate stains on solid surfaces like pavement or concrete.
Since it can perform great with lightweight tasks, this product is the right match for cleansing bikes, furniture, pathways, or garages due to its pressure bar and water flow. Still, to pull off some stubborn dirt and moss lasting for years in your house, K2 will not be my recommendation.
- OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE: The K 2's highly reliable universal motor and non-corrosive N-COR pump means a longer operation life, all while maintaining optimal performance!
- ESSENTIELS: Includes the pressure-regulating Vario Power spray wand for light-duty jobs, and a patented Dirt Blaster spray wand for superior cleaning performance on tough-to-clean surfaces! Also comes with a Soft Bristle Wash Brush, FJ3 Foam Cannon, T150 Surface Cleaner, and 8 oz. of Karcher's Vehicle Wash & Wax and Multi-Purpose Detergents!
- HIGH-PRESSURE HOSE: Comes equipped with a generous 20' kink-resistant high-pressure hose that offers plenty of reach!
- APPLICATION: Features an onboard detergent siphon hose for easy soap application.
- The Karcher Promise - Cleaner. Quicker: The K 3 1600 PSI/1.25 GPM is perfect for cleaning concrete, pavement, driveways, patios, decks, sidewalks, RVs, cars, boats, homes, fencing, and more!
Attached with helpful accessories like car washing kits or patio cleaning tools[/i2pros][i2cons]Shorter hose compared to others
Not an ideal product for coping with obstinate areas.[/i2cons][/i2pc]
2. Karcher K3 Pressure Washer Review
The Karcher K3 is a slightly more powerful version than the K2 with its PSI and GPM valued up to 1,800 and 1.3. It helps the machine deliver higher pressure while cleaning.
This machine uses the same type of motor cooling system as the K2, the air-cooled type. Yet, this feature weighs lighter than the previous one (16.3 pounds).
The K3 also comes with four unique wheels, giving it more balance when standing on uneven surfaces than other Karcher products.
Wands and accessories
The Karcher K3 uses similar rods with the K2, but its hose is slightly longer (4,6 meters). This product has also fixed the disadvantage of the earlier model since it owns an onboard tank for soap delivery.
One of the K3 pluses is its spray gun with an LED display, which will show users the amount of force produced from the nozzle. It assists users in instantly adjusting the water pressure to fit cleaning purposes.
The K3 acts as a durable, non-corrosive N-COR pump providing maintenance-free abilities. Furthermore, apart from the four settings, it also does a better job in cleaning, yet it still struggles when it comes to pulling off dried oil on your driveway.[i2pc show_title=”false” title=”Pros & Cons” show_button=”false” pros_title=”Pros” cons_title=”Cons” ][i2pros]Four unique wheels
LED display indicator
A durable, non-corrosive, and maintenance-free N-COR pump[/i2pros][i2cons]Limitation with more obstinate areas, especially dried oil. [/i2cons][/i2pc]
3. Karcher K4 Pressure Washer Review
The Karcher K4 can deliver up to 1,900 PSI and 420 GPM, which is way more powerful for cleaning stubborn dirt than the two previous products.
Additionally, changing the K4’s motor cooling system to the 1,8000 KW water-cooled form helps this device extend its life five times longer. It also reduces noise and energy consumption while working.
Still, its weight has turned into a disadvantage as the K4 is not a portable model despite the twin wheels and telescopic handle (27.3 pounds).
Wands and accessories
This product comes with the same lances as the K2, but its spray gun inherits the positive aspects of the K3, and the hose is much longer (6 meters). Plus, it has an onboard detergent tank like the K3.
K4 also goes with a T350 cleaning tool, the improved version that can go well with cleaning different types of surfaces.
This device performs better than the two pressures mentioned as it overcomes most of its disadvantages, which is not being able to handle stubborn stains and dust. It also plays as a durable, non-corrosive, and maintenance-free N-COR pump.
- Outstanding Performance: Complete with a patented water-cooled induction motor and non-corrosive N-COR pump, the K 4 lasts 5X longer than universal motors and delivers exceptional cleaning power for most cleaning jobs
- The Karcher Promise - Cleaner. Quicker: With a powerful 1900 PSI/1.5 GPM motor, the K 4 is perfect for cleaning concrete, pavement, driveways, patios, decks, sidewalks, RVs, cars, boats, homes, fencing, and more.
- Versatile Cleaning Options: Includes a pressure-regulating Vario Power spray wand for light-duty jobs, and a patented Dirt Blaster spray wand for superior cleaning performance on tough-to-clean surfaces. Also compatible with a wide range of Karcher accessories
- High-Pressure Hose: Comes equipped with a generous 25' kink-resistant high-pressure hose that offers plenty of reach
- Onboard Detergent Tank: Features an onboard removable detergent tank for easy soap application, while an adjustable flow dial allows you to control how much detergent is applied
Better with water-cooled motor
Onboard tank for detergent delivery[/i2pros][i2cons]Notably heavier
4. Karcher K5 Pressure Washer Review
Although the K5’s cooling system is similar to the K4’s, its power level is higher with 2,100 watts. The pressure and water flow have also been maximized to 2000 PSI and 1.4 GPM.
Moreover, this product is the heaviest among the four, weighing about 28.2 pounds. Still, it comes with large 7.7” high impact wheels and a tall, durable handle for easy maneuverability and convenient transport.
Wands and accessories
Unlike others, the Karcher K5 combines all the wands, including the Vario wand, dirt blaster one, and detergent applicator into one single structure. So, simply by twisting, you can change the lance to the mode that suits your task.
It also has an LED display in the spray gun and onboard detergent tanks like the K3 and K4. Plus, with the 8-meter hose, you can now reach numerous areas without carrying the machine around.
The K5 works like the K4 but more efficient since it can produce much more power. It also is a durable and non-corrosive N-COR pump.
Unlike the three former models, the Karcher K5 (premium version) has a hose reel for convenient storage purposes.
- Convenient Design: Complete with a patented water-cooled induction motor, our electric power washer lasts 5X longer and delivers exceptional cleaning power for most cleaning jobs
- Spray Lances: Our pressure washer surface cleaner includes a trigger gun, a pressure-regulating Vario Power spray wand, and a patented Dirt Blaster spray lance for superior cleaning performance
- High-Pressure Hose: Our water pressure washer comes equipped with a generous 25' high-pressure washer hose that offers plenty of reach and boasts extended durability
- Onboard Detergent Tank: Our water pressure washer features an onboard removable detergent tank for easy soap application; Adjustable flow dial allows you to control how much detergent is applied
- Cleaner Quicker: Backed by a 2-year limited warranty and industry-leading rapid exchange program, our pressure washers offer high-powered performance and unparalleled ease of use
A hose reel for accessible storage
Long-lasting with a water-cooled motor.
8-meter hose [/i2pros][i2cons]Considerably heavier
Much more expensive than others[/i2cons][/i2pc]
Although they all give good performances, you will have to carefully consider the purposes of what you want to clean when deciding which product to purchase.
From our point of view, we would choose the Karcher K5 since it can fulfill either hard-duty cleaning tasks or lightweight ones. This device is worth the price for its capabilities.
All in all, we hope this post can provide useful information about the four products – Karcher K2 vs K3 vs K4 vs K5.