Ryobi P1833 vs P261? Which one is the best? Here is our comparison of the two products and a quick review of each one’s plus and minus points.
Differences Between Ryobi P1833 Vs P261
Ryobi P1833 vs P261, what are the differences? We will compare them in terms of price and utilities.
Both the Ryobi P1833 and Ryobi P261 come into the impact wrench market at the price point of under $200. However, Ryobi P1833 is packed into a kit so it strikes a bit higher than Ryobi P261 when it comes to pricing.
Although the two models come from one brand and they look basically the same, there are different utilities of each product that we will point out for you.
The first notable feature is the number of items included in each product. While the Ryobi P1833 comes as a kit with an impact wrench, a lithium battery, and a charger, the model Ryobi P261 only comes as a single product, the air wrench only.
The second feature is that the two products run on different power sources. Ryobi P1833 is powered by lithium-ion so the performance is improved by nearly 40% compared to the normal battery that the Ryobi P261 runs on. The lithium also lasts longer while it makes the overall weight of Ryobi P1833 less than Ryobi P261.
While Ryobi P1833 is specifically designed for automotive and construction-related work, Ryobi P261 fits a multitude of basic home tasks. Both models are highly portable so you can take them anywhere without electricity.
However, more power is integrated into Ryobi P1833, which means that it serves your heavy tasks with excellence. You have stubborn bolts and nuts, or you are struggling with taking out rusty truck wheels, Ryobi P1833 takes less than 10 seconds to help you do your job. It also handles woodwork with relative ease.
On the contrary, since Ryobi P261 runs cordless but with a regular 18-volt battery, it cannot offer excellent performance like Ryobi P1833. We recommend you use this product within your house with very basic tasks only. Whether you want to replace regular car tires or dealing with wood furniture, Ryobi P261 makes its name into your list.
Quick Rundown Of Ryobi P1833
Let’s take a look at some features that make Ryobi P1833 truly stand out from other Ryobi impact wrench models.
- Produces up to 3,200 impacts per minute
- Includes: Impact Wrench, (1) 4.0 Ah Battery and 18-Volt Charger
- Compatible with all batteries in the RYOBI 18-Volt ONEplus System
- Battery: Outperforms and outlasts Ni-Cd batteries while weighing less
- Part of the RYOBI ONEplus World's Largest 18-Volt Tool System
- Suitable for much heavy-duty work
- Features 3 speeds for every level of work
- Lithium battery for excellent performance and longer lifespan while weighs less than other batteries
- The item weighs 1.61 pounds for portability
- Extra durable plastic
- Features tri-beam white light LED for working efficiently in the dark
- Quite expensive
Quick Rundown Of Ryobi P261
- Impact wrench - Impact mechanism produces 300 ft./lbs. torque and up to 3,200 impacts per minute...
- Impact wrench - 3-speed selector switch offers greater control over a wide range of fastening...
- Charger - Dual-chemistry charger energizes 18-Volt ONE+ batteries in as little as 1 hour
Ryobi P261 has some plus and minus points as below.
- The item runs cordless for easy move-around and high convenience
- Features 3-speed adjustment for versatility and improved workability
- Suitable for construction and automobile maintenance
- Features tri-beam white LED light for extreme working conditions
- Anti-slippery overgrip for a firm grip
- Extra batteries are not included and must be purchased separately
- The item weighs 3.45 pounds which is two times heavier than Ryobi P1833
This is the wrap up of our comparison post on Ryobi P1833 vs P261. We have given you the basic information about the two most outstanding impact wrenches out there, and the best one is Ryobi P1833 for its extra lightweight and extraordinary battery efficiency. Power makes the difference and Ryobi P1833 really comes up to our expectations. We do hope that our quick comparison is helpful for your choice. Make a smart choice.