Wen 3959 vs 3960 all come from a reputable brand called Wen and are considered the top-notch bandsaws that will definitely suit your demand. But if you have to pick one tool, which unit deserves your investment?
To help you find out a satisfactory answer, we cannot wait to share with you this in-depth comparison between them. Stay tuned and keep reading this article!
Differences Between Wen 3959 and 3960
Despite the same brand and shape, some of you will mistake WEN 3959 for WEN 3960. However, they actually have some dissimilarities that make you consider carefully before buying. In today’s article, we will dig into some distinctions regarding cost and utilities.
There is a significant price gap between WEN 3959 vs 3960. In detail, the 3959’s unit costs about $125, while the other one has a price of about $160. However, price should not be the priority when you choose a bandsaw. Let’s pay attention to other critical features we are going to talk about below.
There is a slight difference in regards to power. To be more specific, the WEN 3959 version is designed to have a 2.5 amp motor, spinning at 2500 feet per minute (FPM). Meanwhile, the WEN 3960’s engine generates 2.8 amp with the blade rotation of 2460 FPM.
As a result, the 3959 unit generates a fast speed, on the contrary, its opponent owns a robust motor. However, you can rest assured that these WEN bandsaws all contribute significantly to versatility more than other saws on the current market.
When it comes to the cutting capacity, they are much of a muchness, making them incredibly useful for a variety of projects.
On one side, WEN 3959 comes with 3-1/2 inches depth and 9 inches width. Also, it is equipped with 59-1/2-inch blades. As for its opponent, deep cuts are only about 3-5/8 inches and the blades’ size is 62 inches.
Thanks to these outstanding features, you can experience some intricate yet powerful cuts.
On top of that, you will be amazed at the spacious table size of the 3960 bandsaws over the other model. WEN has designed a 12×12 inch work table for WEN 3960 and 12-1/4 x 11-7/8 for 3959. As such, it creates enough room to get the job well done.
There is not much distinction of weight between these two models. Weighing about 40 pounds, both of them are lightweight enough for you to carry around without breaking a sweat. At the same time, these two units also share the specification of dimensions in common.
Quick Rundown Of WEN 3959
Now let’s take an insight into the pros and cons of WEN 3959 bandsaw.
- 2.5 amp motor rotates the blade up to 2500 feet per minute
- Create cuts up to 3-1/2 inches deep and 9 inches wide
- Uses 59-1/2 inch blades anywhere from 1/8 to 3/8 inches in size
- Spacious 12-1/4 x 11-7/8 inch work table bevels up to 45 degrees
- Includes a 1/4-inch-wide blade, a 2-1/2 inch dust port, a rip fence, a miter gauge and a two-year...
- Provides straight and accurate cuts
- Fast cut speed
- Generous table size
- The rough table surface
- Only has a one-speed setting
Quick Rundown Of WEN 3960
Does WEN 3960 have any advantages and downsides? Let’s find out through this quick review.
- 2.8 amp motor rotates the blade up to 2460 feet per minute
- Create cuts up to 3-5/8 inches deep and 9 inches wide
- Uses 62-inch blades anywhere from 1/8 to 3/8 inches in size
- Spacious 12 x 12 inch work table bevels up to 45 degrees
- Includes a 2-year warranty, a dust port, a fence, and a miter gauge
- Lightweight and compact form
- Powerful motor thanks to the high amperage
- Spacious work table
- Large blade
- Easy to transport
- Gives low vibration
- Has a quick-release knob for changing blades
- Requires patience while cutting
- Only has one-speed saw
- Comes with a poor-quality plastic frame for the upper bearing assembly
WEN 3959 vs 3960? How is your opinion after consulting our comparison between these two products?
Both of them work well in tackling every job you throw at it. Of course, each unit has its own benefits and a few minor drawbacks. What you need to do is considering these factors according to your need and budget. Hopefully, you can make a smart purchase decision later on!
Popular Alternatives Worth Considering: