WEN and SKIL are the two giants in the hand tools industry known for manufacturing many high-quality hand tools. Hence, the battle between the two top products of these brands, Wen 3959 Vs Skil 3386, is indeed fierce.
As both deliver outstanding features and merits, this article will sift through each unit’s characteristics to help you determine the winner.
Similarities between Wen 3959 and Skil 3386
Although these machines are manufactured from two different brands, they still share many things in common. Let’s break this down!
Both are equipped with a 2.5 HP motor, one of the most robust engines when it comes to a benchtop saw.
Both tools come with the same blade dimensions with the width sizing from 1/8 to 3/8 inches and the length of 59 1/2 inches. This blade’s size can manage not only hardwood but also mental cubes.
The cutting depth is also alike when both are featuring 3 1/2 inches cutting depth. This is not such an impressive number, yet it’s still able to cut through even the roughest lumber.
Differences between Wen 3959 and Skil 3386
Regarding the utilities, each unit has its features and benefits, yet both are ensured to cut accurately and fast.
Specifically, the SKIL 3386-01 gains more appreciation in the blade speed field when offering up to 2,800 FPM speed, while the number is 2,500 FPM considering the WEN 3959. This speed will enable a faster working process and can manage a more significant load of work at the same time.
What is more, the SKIL 3386-01 is facilitated with a LED work light, which will allow a better view of the workpiece and cut line in the low-light condition.
Value For Money
The Wen 3959 soon gains back its reputation when providing buyers with a surprisingly affordable cost. Notably, this machine costs only $120.22, much more affordable compared to others in the market.
When purchasing this tool, you can save a little more cash, about $40 cheaper than its rival.
When comparing the size and weight of these two saws, I have concluded that the SKIL 3386-01 is more maneuverable. It weighs only 16.5 pounds, two times lighter than its opponent.
Quick Rundown Of WEN 3959
- 2.5 amp motor rotates the blade up to 2500 feet per minute
- Create cuts up to 3-1/2 inches deep and 9 inches wide
- Uses 59-1/2 inch blades anywhere from 1/8 to 3/8 inches in size
- Spacious 12-1/4 x 11-7/8 inch work table bevels up to 45 degrees
- Includes a 1/4-inch-wide blade, a 2-1/2 inch dust port, a rip fence, a miter gauge and a two-year warranty
- 2.5 inches dust port for a reliable dust collection
- Sturdy rip fence and miter gauge
- 45˚ bever cuts
- Spacious work surface
- Quite hefty construction
Quick Rundown Of SKIL 3386-01
- Rip fence for straight, accurate cuts; 6 TPI band saw blade cuts through a variety of wood materials
- Articulating LED work light for better view of work piece and cut line
- Features a 1-1/2 inch dust port that keeps work area clear of dust
- Rack and pinion table adjustment for quick angle and height adjustments
- Motor is 1 speed for wood or metal based materials
- Stable and robust motor system
- Huge blade speed
- Compact yet sturdy construction
- High safety level
- Implemented with a LED work light
- Not suitable for demanding tasks
Wen 3959 and Skil 3386 have gained a certain reputation in the market as they both deliver useful features and robust cutting performance.
However, the blade speed and price are the key factors in choosing a band saw, thus The SKIL 3386 has grasped my admiration for its excellent precision and comfort.
After going through the Wen 3959 Vs Skil 3386 Review, I’m sure it will be straightforward for you to pick your most suitable partner.
Popular Alternatives Worth Considering: