The Westinghouse iGen2500 vs Honda EU2200i? It can be reluctant even to match these things up because they are offered at different prices, and people tend to associate the value with its cost.
However, trust me! These generators deserve to be each other’s competitors in a comprehensive comparison. Let us show you why!
Differences Between Westinghouse iGen2500 vs Honda EU2200i
To begin with, we will compare these products based on the following criteria: Price, portability, and power.
Westinghouse iGen2500 has a running wattage of 2000 W. This power allows it to power more equipment and tools. Besides, it is also possible to provide an initial strength of 2500w, which makes it easy to start devices that require a higher level of additional power to operate.
With this engine, Westinghouse-branded products can operate for up to 10 hours continuously at only 25% of the generator’s maximum capacity.
Also, at this load level, this machine has a fuel consumption of 0.1 gallons per hour. This little figure shows that Westinghouse has achieved impressive energy efficiency. During operation, Westinghouse produces a noise level at 52 dB.
On the contrary, as the product name indicates, Honda has a running watt of 1800w with the starting power of 2,200 W.
At 25% load compared to the maximum, Honda EU2200i just gives a run time of 8.1 hours continuously and consumes 0.12 gallons per hour. A plus point for Honda engine is that it produces a lower noise level at 48 dB, which means almost no effect to the user. The noise this machine makes is not even that of a normal conversation.
Thus, despite the lower price, the Westinghouse product is more overwhelming in terms of power and fuel efficiency. The bright spot for Honda is its quiet operation mode.
You can look at the comparison table below for more detail:
The two products are designed to be very compact, and none of them will take up much space. At 48 pounds, the iGen2500 weighs a bit heavier than HonEU2200i, which weighs 46.5 pounds.
Quick Rundown Of Westinghouse Igen2500.
- 1800 Rated Watts and 2200 Peak Watts at Less Than 3% THD - Weighs Only 46 Lbs. - Gas Powered - Two 120V 20 Amp Outlets, Two USB Outlets
- Great Choice for Home Use as an Emergency Backup in a Power Outage - Strong Enough to Run All Your Home Essentials
- Extremely Quiet, Extremely Fuel Efficient: as Low as 52 dBA Noise Output and 12 Hour Run Time on a 1. 2 Gallon Gas Tank - Features "Economy Mode" for Maximum Fuel Efficiency
- Parallel Capable - Combine Your iGen2200 with the Westinghouse WH2200iXLT, iGen1200, iGen2200, and iGen2500 to Increase Available Wattage and Amperage (Requires Westinghouse Parallel Cord)
- All Westinghouse Portable Generators are Functionally Tested in the Factory and May Contain Minimum Residual Oil and/or Fuel Odor; EPA and CARB Compliant; Backed By 3-Year Limited Service, Labor, and Parts Coverage and Nationwide Customer Service Network
- Easy to use
- Parallel connection capability
- Data centre with digital fuel gauge
- Not suitable for heavy-duty tasks
- No wheel kit
Quick Rundown Of Honda EU2200i
- More Power. Same Legendary Quality. - The EU2200i delivers 10% more power than the previous EU2000i - enabling you to power more of what you need, in the same lightweight, compact package. The EU2200i gives you the power to get more done.
- Co-minder - Advanced Carbon Monoxide Detection System. CO-MINDER continuously monitors carbon monoxide (CO) levels. It automatically shuts down the generator before detected CO levels near the generator become dangerously high.
- Honda My Generator App + Bluetooth Capability - Honda's exclusive My Generator smartphone app offers remote generator operation and monitoring with impressive performance. The app includes wireless stop and operation monitoring.
- Lightweight And Compact - Weighing just over 47 pounds, the EU2200i is incredibly lightweight and portable. Thanks to Honda's inverter technology, it's easy to transport and store.
- Commercial Grade Reliability - The EU2200i is powered by the Honda GXR120 Commercial Series engine. At 121cc, the GXR120 is at the top of its class - ensuring the EU2200 always produces the power you need to get the job done.
- Reputable manufacturer
- Very Quiet
- Portable and lightweight
- Lightweight, easy to move around
- Good warranty policy
- Lack of electric start
- No data centre
As we mentioned before, Westinghouse iGen2500 vs Honda EU2200i is not at all a lame comparison. In our opinion, although iGen2500 is much cheaper than EU2200i, it shows outstanding points.
It is more powerful, more comfortable to use with the data center, and also operates longer. What about you? Do you agree with us? If not, tell us the reasons in the comment section below.