Dewalt DWS780 vs Bosch GCM12SD is exclusively written for you so that you can know more about these two products.
Both tools are considered as the best miter saws produced by two well-known tool manufacturers. However, if fairly speaking, Dewalt DWS780 with its more prestigious brand name, along with smarter design and better features, probably attracts more customers.
To make things clearer, this post will show you a brief review of the pros and cons of two products and a comparison between them.
Differences Between Dewalt DWS780 Vs Bosch GCM12SD
Dimensions and weight
Dewalt DWS780’s dimensions are 21.5 x 17.7 x 17.1 inches, smaller than that of Bosch GCM12SD (33.2 x 26.5 x 22.8 inches). This smaller size helps portability much easily and conveniently.
In terms of weight, Dewalt DWS 780’s total weight is 56 pounds, lighter than that of Bosch GCM12SD (65 pounds). This feature brings more comfort to users when working with the tool.
Both products are powered by electricity at 120V, which results in optimal efficiency. However, Dewalt DWS 780 is equipped with a powerful 15-amp motor and 12-inch stainless steel blade running at the speed of 3800 RPM. This helps increase performance and makes the operation more effective.
On the other hand, Bosch GCM12SD possesses a 12-inch dual-bevel glide miter saw and Bosch-exclusive Axial-Glide system, making cutting motion smoother and controlling more precisely, even in compact workplaces.
Both Dewalt DWS780 and Bosch GCM12SD are in the high price category, but Dewalt DWS780’s price is more expensive than Bosch GCM12SD. They are high-quality cutting machines used for household or professionally mechanical tasks, so high price means any variety of cuts.
Quick Rundown Of Dewalt DWS780.
- Integrated CUTLINE Blade Positioning System provides adjustment free cut line indication for better accuracy and visibility for the 12-inch miter saw blade
- Powerful 15 Amp, 3,800 rpm motor delivers extended power and durability for the mitre saw
- Super-efficient dust collection system of DEWALT miter saw captures over 75% of dust generated
- Tall sliding fences support crown molding up to 7-1/2-inch nested and base molding up to 6-3/4-inch vertically against the fence while easily sliding out of the way for bevel cuts
- Exclusive back fence design cuts up to 2x14 dimensional lumber at 90 degree and 2x10 at 45 degree
Known as the first-rate machine of Dewalt Company, Dewalt DWS780 is satisfactory by the following prominent features:
- Lightweight and portable design: Help portability simpler and more conveniently.
- Innovative gearbox and belt drive: Enhance vertical cutting capacity.
- XPS crosscut positioning system: Adjust compact cutlines more easily.
- Exclusive back fence design: Flexible cut at different angles (90 or 45 degrees) with ultimate precision.
- 12-inch stainless steel blade: Perform well on various materials and increase the durability of the tool.
- Tall sliding fences: Function correctly in both vertically crown and base moldings.
- Adjustable detent plate: Offer productivity and accuracy.
- Dust collection system: Collect 75 % of dust generated.
- 3-year warranty: Customer services available.
- Gift attaching: Included with a dust bag, blade wrench…
Besides, this tool still has its own downsides:
- High price
- Limited production
- Long shipment
Quick Rundown Of Bosch GCM12SD
- Axial glide system: The patented glide system allows wider cross cuts and better alignment while also being compact; This saves you 12 inch of valuable work space; Bosch glide miter saw also offers unmatched smoothness of cut
- Capacity: Expanded cutting capacity 14 inch horizontal capacity nominal 6 1/2 inch vertical capacity against the fence base 6 1/2 inch crown capacity against the fence 45 spring
- Adjustable: The GCM12SD miter saw provides easy adjustments with a large easy to read uniform bevel and stainless steel miter scales with marked detentes and roof pitch angles; Bevel detents: 0, 33.9 degree, 45 degree left, right for accurate cuts; Category best 90 percentage dust collection optimized for cutting 2x material with a vacuum
- Precision: Square lock quick release fences lock fence 90 degree to the table and requires no adjustment, 1 touch lock, unlock to slide fence for added support
- Ease of use: Upfront bevel controls all metal bevel lock lever and range selector located upfront for quick and easy bevel settings without reaching behind the saw
Bosch GCM12SD is remarkable by the characteristics below:
- Axial-Glide system: Make a smooth cutting motion, high performance, and space-saving.
- Versatile saw: Increase cutting capacity and adjustably change the cutlines.
- Square lock fences: Keep the precise operation of the tool.
- Flexible handle and vacuum adaptor: Make users comfortable when working.
- Miter scales: Help users read angles quicker and more conveniently.
However, this tool of Bosch Company may disappoint customers due to:
- Relative high price
- Big dimensions and heavyweight
- No modified version
Dewalt DWS780 vs Bosch GCM12SD is fully described in this post to help you get to know all information about these two tools. Both tools provide users many unique properties and deserve the best cutting tools in the market these days.
Dewalt DWS780 with more complicated design and the higher price is suitable for professionals who work in large-scale mechanical tasks, while Bosh GCM12SD equipped with a simpler design and a more reasonable price is probably a great choice for homemakers who only require small and simple cutting work.
All in all, we hope that this review is informative and reliable so that you can make your smart choice of which tool to buy. Do not hesitate to go to the Dewalt store and purchase yourself a great tool!