DuroMax XP12000EH and DuroMax XP13000EH: Which portable generator is the better option for you? Still, have no idea? Let’s scroll down to find the answer!
Differences Between DuroMax XP12000EH and DuroMax XP13000EH
Below is a summary of the specifications:
In terms of fuel type, DuroMax XP12000EH and DuroMax XP13000EH are equipped with Dual Fuel Technology, which means they can run on both gasoline and propane.
When powered by gasoline, the XP12000EH offers us a running power of 9500W and a maximum power of 12000W. But you shouldn’t be surprised! The XP13000EH is even better with the rated watts of 10500W and the starting watts of up to 13000W.
How about propane? Once again, XP13000EH takes the lead with 12350W starting watts and 9975W running watts. Meanwhile, XP12000EH’s figures are 10200W and 8075W, respectively.
Despite the differences in wattages we have mentioned above, both models have a fuel tank capacity of 8.3 gallons.
At 50% load, DuroMax XP12000EH operates continuously for up to 9 hours with a gasoline consumption of 0.92 GPH. In contrast, XP13000EH can supply for only 8.5 hours, yet the fuel consumption is up to 0.98 GPH.
When it comes to propane, DuroMax XP12000EH provides a run time of 4 hours with fuel consumption of 1.18 GPH, while those of XP13000EH is 3.5 hours and 1.34 GPH.
As a result, we can conclude that running time and fuel consumption are strong points of XP12000EH compared to XP13000EH.
In terms of noise level, there is a slight difference between the XP12000EH and XP13000EH, as the two models respectively create 72 dBA and 74 dBA during their work.
Please note DuroMax XP12000EH and DuroMax XP12000EH have THD<12%, which means they are not suitable for sensitive electronics.
According to the manufacturer, both DuroMax XP12000EH and XP 13000EH measure 29 x 30 x 26 inches. Yet, the weight draws a distinction between them. With 234 pounds, DuroMax XP13000EH is 10 pounds heavier than its rival, which only weighs 224 pounds.
In consequence, DuroMax XP12000EH is lighter and easier to carry, although both of these machines have the same dimensions.
Noticeably, DuroMax XP12000EH and DuroMax XP13000EH have handles and wheels that are really convenient for travel.
There is not much difference in terms of their additional features. You can activate these machines by one of the two methods: a traditional recoil pull starter or electric starter.
Also, both provide five AC sockets, 1 DC drive, a data control center, and a fuel gauge.
Quick Rundown Of DuroMax XP12000EH
- Powerful DuroMax Engine: the XP12000EH is powered by a DuroMax, 457cc OHV engine.
- Dual fuel technology: the ability to run on propane or gasoline allows the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice. Protects your investment by automatically shutting the generator off when it senses that the oil is low
- Plenty of power: with 12,000 starting watts and 9, 500 running watts, This unit can handle heavy loads from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools.
- Maximum power: with DuroMax MX2 technology, get the maximum power from each of the 120 volt receptacle. Choose between operating the generator at both 120 V and 240 V Simultaneously, or at 120 only with full power.
- Powering everyone anywhere: like all DuroMax generators, the XP12000EH is EPA and CARB approved For use in all 50 States.
Quick Rundown Of DuroMax XP13000EH
- POWERFUL DUROMAX ENGINE: The XP13000EH is powered by a 500cc OHV Duromax Engine.
- DUAL FUEL TECHNOLOGY: The ability to run on Propane or Gasoline allows the Freedom and Flexibility of Fuel Choice.
- PLENTY OF POWER: With 13,000 starting watts and 10,500 watts, this unit can handle heavy loads from lights, refrigerators, home conditioners and high amperage power tools.
- MAXIMUM POWER: The power panel includes a wide selection of outlets for maximum compatibility in your applications including: 1 120/240V 50A heavy duty outlet, 1 120/240V 30A twist lock outlet, 1 120V 30A twist lock outlet, and 2 120V 20A household outlets.
- POWERING EVERYONE ANYWHERE: Like all DuroMax generators, the XP13000EH is EPA and CARB approved for use in all 50 states.
If you have read as far as here, we guess you now have the answer for your own. From our perspective, the winner in the battle between DuroMax XP12000EH vs DuroMax XP13000EH is the former one. Because this model is more fuel-efficient, less noisy, and has better run time when compared to its rival. What about you? Which generator will you pick?