DuroMax XP12000EH and Durostar DS10000EH: Which portable generator is the better option for you? Still, have no idea? Let’s scroll down to find the answer!
Differences Between DuroMax XP12000EH and Durostar DS10000EH
Below is a summary of the specifications:
Let’s start with a quick discussion about the DuroMax XP12000EH. It has a dual-fuel engine with a running power of 9500W and a maximum power of 12000W when fueled by gasoline. Meanwhile, the machine has an 8075W rating and an ULTRA 10200W rating when fueled by propane.
DuroStar DS12000EH, on the other hand, also runs on dual fuel gasoline and propane. When running on gasoline, the running capacity is 9500W with a maximum capacity of 12000W. When powered by propane, it provides 8750 ratings and 10,500 when starting.
Besides, the DuroMax XP12000EH has a 72-dB operating volume and an 8.3-gallon fuel tank capacity. The run time on gasoline of this generator is 9 hours at 50% load, and the fuel consumption is 0.92 GPH. Meanwhile, it can run by propane with a 20-pound tank for 4 hours, and the fuel consumption is 1.18 GPH.
How about the DuroStar DS12000EH? It is considered to operate on dual fuel gasoline and propane gas. The running power on gasoline is 9500W, with a maximum capacity of 12000W. When using propane, the rated output is 8750W, and the starting output is 10,500W.
The DuroStar DS12000EH has a fuel tank size of 8.3 gallons, significantly higher than the other. At 50% load, the gasoline run time is 8 hours, and the power consumption is 1.04 GPH. On a 20-pound propane tank, the run time is 4 hours with a 1.18 GPH power consumption.
As a result, the noise produced during service is higher than that of the Durostar DS12000EH, 74 dBA.
Interestingly, The DuroMax XP12000EH and DuroStar DS12000EH all share the same dimensions of 29 x 30 x 26 inches and have the same weight of 224 pounds.
Moreover, their 9-inch “never-flat” wheels have a removable handle and the option of vibration-dampening support legs for easy use.
Surprisingly, DuroMax XP12000EH and Durostar DS12000EH both start in the same way: traditional start and electric start. However, be aware that their THD is lower than 12%t, which is unsuitable for sensitive electronic devices in your house.
Besides, both have 5 AC drives and 1 DC drive, making them very user-friendly.
Quick Rundown Of DuroMax XP12000EH
- Powerful DuroMax Engine: the XP12000EH is powered by a DuroMax, 457cc OHV engine.
- Dual fuel technology: the ability to run on propane or gasoline allows the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice.
- Plenty of power: with 12,000 starting watts and 9, 500 running watts, This unit can handle heavy loads from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools.
- Maximum power: with DuroMax MX2 technology, get the maximum power from each of the 120 volt receptacle. Choose between operating the generator at both 120 V and 240 V Simultaneously, or at 120 only with full power.
- Powering everyone anywhere: like all DuroMax generators, the XP12000EH is EPA and CARB approved For use in all 50 States.
Quick Rundown Of Durostar DS10000EH
- Plenty of Power – With 10,000 starting watts and 8,000 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads, from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools
- Dual Fuel Technology – This generator runs on gasoline or propane, giving you the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice
- Powerful Engine – The DuroStar 439cc OHV engine is a workhorse that provides plenty of power to handle multiple jobs, from powering high voltage appliances to heavy duty power tools
- MX2 Technology - Get the maximum power from each of the 120-volt receptacles. Choose between operating the generator at both 120V and 240V simultaneously, or at 120V only with full power. Ideal for usage with RVs
- Fully Featured Power Panel – The power panel includes a wide selection of outlets for maximum compatibility in your applications including: (2) 120V household GFCI outlets, (1) 120V 30A twist lock outlet, (1) 240V 30A outlet, and one 240V 50A outlet. The panel also includes a voltmeter and 12V DC charging posts for charging external batteries
Overall, we can tell you that the DuroMax XP12000EH and DuroStar DS12000EH generators can provide you with many advantages. But if we need to answer the question of which will be a better one between DuroMax XP12000EH vs DuroStar DS12000EH, the answer is DuroMax XP12000EH. Specifically, this generator is lightweight and lower in noise level than the other.