DuroMax XP12000EH and Durostar DS12000EH: Which portable generator is the better option for you? Still, have no idea? Let’s scroll down to find the answer!
Differences Between DuroMax XP12000EH and Durostar DS12000EH
Below is a summary of the specifications:
Let’s start with a quick discussion about the DuroMax XP12000EH. It has a dual-fuel engine with a running power of 9500W and a maximum power of 12000W when fueled by gasoline. Meanwhile, the machine has an 8075W rating and an ULTRA 10200W rating when fueled by propane.
DuroStar DS12000EH, on the other hand, also runs on dual fuel gasoline and propane. When running on gasoline, the running capacity is 9500W with a maximum capacity of 12000W. When powered by propane, it provides 8750 ratings and 10,500 when starting.
Besides, the DuroMax XP12000EH has a 72-dB operating volume and an 8.3-gallon fuel tank capacity. The run time on gasoline of this generator is 9 hours at 50% load, and the fuel consumption is 0.92 GPH. Meanwhile, it can run by propane with a 20-pound tank for 4 hours, and the fuel consumption is 1.18 GPH.
The DuroStar DS12000EH has a fuel tank size of 8.3 gallons, significantly higher than the other. At 50% load, the gasoline run time is 8 hours, and the power consumption is 1.04 GPH. On a 20-pound propane tank, the run time is 4 hours with a 1.18 GPH power consumption.
As a result, the noise produced during service is higher than that of the Durostar DS12000EH, 74 dBA.
Interestingly, The DuroMax XP12000EH and DuroStar DS12000EH all share the same dimensions of 29 x 30 x 26 inches and have the same weight of 224 pounds.
Moreover, their 9-inch “never-flat” wheels have a removable handle and the option of vibration-dampening support legs for easy use.
Surprisingly, DuroMax XP12000EH and Durostar DS12000EH both start in the same way: traditional start and electric start. However, be aware that their THD is lower than 12%t, which is unsuitable for sensitive electronic devices in your house.
Besides, both have 5 AC drives and 1 DC drive, making them very user-friendly.
Quick Rundown Of DuroMax XP12000EH
- With 12,000 watts of power, the XP12000EH Dual Fuel generator will keep your whole home running during a storm or power outage
- DuroMax is the industry leader in Dual Fuel portable generator technology, with a full assortment ranging from digital inverters to generators that can power your entire home
- At the core of all our products resides a robust DuroMax engine. Designed for Power. Designed to Last
- The XP12000EH comes equipped with a wide variety of outlets, including a transfer switch-ready 50 amp outlet. This generator features our MX2 Power Boost, which doubles the 120V power for appliances and RVs
- Constructed with a heavy-duty all metal frame and power panel - No plastic parts
Low noise level
Bigger tank capacity
The operation is simple and secure.[/i2pros][i2cons]It is a large, fuel-efficient vehicle.
CSA Certification is not eligible.
Unsuitable for sensitive electronic devices [/i2cons][/i2pc]
Quick Rundown Of Durostar DS12000EH
- Durable DuroStar 18 HP, air cooled with low oil shutoff and electric key start.
- Dual fuel technology allows generator to be run on propane or gas.
- Heavy duty frame with four point fully isolated motor mounts for smooth quiet operation.
- Full power panel with oil warning Light, volt meter, circuit breaker and power outlets.
- Full EPA and CARB compliance allows for operation in all 50 States
It can run on both propane and gas.
The 12000-watt battery provides horsepower.
The shut-off mechanism permits the generator to save the engine from damage.[/i2pros][i2cons]Unsuitable for sensitive electronic devices[/i2cons][/i2pc]
Overall, we can tell you that the DuroMax XP12000EH and DuroStar DS12000EH generators can provide you with many advantages. But if we need to answer the question of which will be a better one between DuroMax XP12000EH and DuroStar DS12000EH, the answer is DuroMax XP12000EH. Specifically, this generator is lightweight and lower in noise level than the other.