Generac GP3000I and Honda EU3000iS: Which portable generator is the better option for you? Still, have no idea? Let’s scroll down to find the answer!
Differences Between Generac GP3000I and Honda EU3000iS
Below is a summary of the specifications:
Both Generac GP3000i and Honda EU3000iS function with gasoline. Their engines are powerful enough to run many household appliances with the 149cc Generac OHV 4-stroke and 196cc Honda GX200 OHV 4-stroke, respectively.
Honda’s model is slightly better than its competitor in terms of power as it can run at 2800 Watts, 500 Watts higher than the Generac GP3000i. Besides, both can deliver a maximum of 3000 Watts – a superior power compared with other models.
You may care about the noise level when buying a machine. Fortunately, those 3000-watt generators can operate quietly. The Honda EU3000iS create around 50 dBA noise level, which is 16 dBA lower than the Generac GP3000i.
With a 3,4-gallon fuel tank capacity, the Honda EU3000iS triples that for the Generac GP3000i (1,06-gallon). Besides, the EU3000iS has a longer runtime than its competitor as it provides up to 20 hours when fully charged, while the other operates within 5.8 hours.
The two generators offer a less-than-3% THD lever, so they are suitable for sensitive electronic devices.
The difference between the energy consumption levels of the two generators is not noticeable as both are approximately 0.18 GPH.
With a 2.2 x 13.3 x 18.4 inches size, the Generac GP3000i is more compact than the Honda EU3000iS, which is 25.9 x 17.6 x 22 inches.
Furthermore, the Honda EU3000iS weighs 131 pounds, double heavier than the Generac GP3000i of 59.5 pounds. So the latter appears much more solid than the former.
Because of its heavyweight, Honda’s product has two carrying handles for at least two people to move it. Meanwhile, the Generac’s design is easy to carry with a built-in handle.
Both Generac GP3000i Vs Honda EU3000is use manual recoil. However, Honda also provides an electric start for its product.
Regarding the outlets, two models all offer three AC outlets. But the Generac also provides two extra DC outlets for GP3000i.
Some features that may make users feel disappointed are the lack of a fuel filtration system and central control in these engines. Without these utilities, you can not know the details of fuel level and how to stop the generator in case of emergencies themselves.
Quick Rundown Of Generac GP3000I
- PowerRUSH Technology - Delivers over 50% more starting capacity-allowing you to do more with less
- Quiet inverter power - reduces sound emissions and provides optimal performance
- Easy to carry - compact & lightweight with built-in handle
- Truepower - clean power for sensitive electronics. ItemWeight: 59.5 pounds
- USB outlets and parallel ready - connect 2 units together for double the power
Quick Rundown Of Honda EU3000iS
- Popular model can operate a wide variety of appliances, including a furnace, fridge, microwave, TV, blenders, most 13,500 BTU RV AC units and much more
- Super quiet: so quiet, your neighbors will thank you; the EU3000is operates at 49 to 58 dB (A), which is less noise than a normal conversation; this makes it ideal for camping, RV power and any other activity that requires quiet operation
- Fuel efficient runs up to 20 hours on 3.4 Gal. of fuel: thanks to our exclusive eco-throttle, the EU3000 is offers great fuel efficiency, it runs 7.2 to 20 hours on a single tank, depending on the load, this makes it great for overnight power
- Advanced inverter technology - reliable power for computers and other sensitive equipment: Honda's inverter technology means stable, clean power in a smaller, lighter package; the precision of Honda's inverter technology ensures our inverter generators pr
- Protected by oil alert: this protects the generator by shutting the engine off when low oil is detected
After this comparison on “Generac GP3000I Vs Honda EU3000iS”, we can see that the Honda EU3000iS will be the best choice. More specifically, it has a modern design, longer running time, fuel-efficient and low noise level.
However, If you want to choose a lightweight generator for small appliances at a more affordable price, the Generac GP3000I is also a good option. We hope that you can know more about those products and choose the best suited for your house.