Honda EU2200I and EB2200I: Which portable generator is the better option for you? Still, have no idea? Let’s scroll down to find the answer!
Differences Between Honda EU2200I and EB2200
Below is a summary of the specifications:
There is a similarity in the engine type of Honda EU2200i vs EB2200i. Both of them run on a 121 cc Honda GXR120 4-stroke engine powered with Gasoline. The advantage of this fuel is better emission as well as energy transformation.
Due to the same engine and fuel tank of 0.95 gallons, both EU2200i vs EB2200i can produce the peak wattage of 2200 and the rated wattage of 1800.
Plus, there is no difference between these generators in terms of run time. With a full fuel tank, they can run up to 3.2 hours at the rated load and 8.1 hours at the ¼ load.
In general, the level of energy consumption of these models reaches 0.12 GPH. Additionally, the THD less than 3% makes the generators more suitable even for sensitive electronics.
According to reviews of many users, two generators of Honda in this comparison show a considerably quiet operation. Their noise output only ranges from 48 to 57 dBA, quite low for you to hear clearly when the machines are running.
Honda EU2200i is 20″ x 11″ x 16″ for L x W x H and weighs 40 pounds only. On the other hand, Honda EB2200i gets its dimension of 21″ x 12″ x 20″ with a weight of 46.5 pounds.
When it comes to comparison, EU2200i surely owns a more compact design than its counterpart. Hence, the machine offers you the ease of carrying and storing.
Besides, both EU2200i and EB2200i have four rubber legs to reduce vibration when their engines are working. But these models lack a sturdy frame protecting the generators from strong impacts.
Not only the compact design, but the generators also come with high durability. They feature stamped metal recoil ropes as well as the highest quality magnets.
The way of starting EU2200i and EB2200i is the same when you only need to pull the recoil cord quickly and easily. Moreover, they are available with a couple of AC plugs that allow more than one device to connect.
An impressive point of EU2200i that we do not find with EB2200i is the Honda My Generator app combining with Bluetooth. The feature enables you to control the device remotely and track data of operation.
Quick Rundown Of Honda EU2200i
- This popular model can operate a wide variety of appliances, making it perfect for portable use at home, camping, on the job site, or much more. Reliable Power is now at your fingertips with Honda's Inverted Generators.
- So quiet, your neighbors will thank you. The EU2200i operates at 48 to 57 dBA, which is less noise than a normal conversation. This makes it ideal for camping, supplemental RV power and any other activity that requires quiet operation.
- Add a second EU2200i for additional power. Two identical models can be paralleled with an optional cable or cord for up to 4400 watts of power, or time-consuming applications.
- Thanks to our exclusive Eco-Throttle System, the EU2200i offers great fuel efficiency. Runs 4.0 to 9.6 hours on a single tank, depending on the load. This makes it the ideal choice for overnight power, or long-time applications.
- Honda's inverter technology means stable, clean power in a smaller, lighter package. The precision of Honda's inverter technology ensures our inverter generators produce power that is as reliable as the power you get from your outlets at home.
Quick Rundown Of Honda EB2200I
- Part of Honda Power Equipment's Super Quiet Series of generators, the new EB2200i lineup is the perfect portable generator for work, home or play
- A bigger oil filler opening, a longer spout and larger oil drain gutter make for easier and cleaner oil changes
- The Honda EB2200i generator is powered by the Honda GXR120 Commercial Series engine. The 121cc engine delivers exceptionally quiet, smooth, fuel-efficient performance.
- An increase in the ventilation area of 2.31 square inches compared with the outgoing model reduces cabinet air intake resistance, resulting in improved inverter cooling
- A fuel shutoff valve ("Fuel Off" position) allows the engine to continue to run until the majority of the fuel in the carburetor is consumed and the engine shuts off, which helps prevent stale fuel issues and is useful for storing the generator
That is all we would like to mention in the comparison of Honda EU2200i vs EB2200i.
Generally, they tend to have more similarities than differences. But if we have to choose one, it should be the Honda EU2200i. Regardless of the same features as EB2200i, this model stands in a more compact form. Moreover, it is also available with a convenient modern remote app control.
How about your choice? If you have already made the final shopping decision, we are pretty eager to hear from you.