What is a better way to compare two brands than comparing specific products from them? The most popular small-sized generator of Honda is the EU2200i model; as for Ryobi, it is the Ryobi 2300.
Without further ado, we’re going to discuss the differences between Honda EU2200i Vs Ryobi 2300 to see which unit is better. Stay tuned!
Differences Between Honda EU2200i Vs Ryobi 2300
The first difference which can be seen by looking at the names is the starting watt.
Honda EU2200i has a starting watt of 2200, while Ryobi 2300 is slightly more powerful at 2300 watts. This results in the difference in the running watt as well; while Honda EU2200i will run continuously at 2000 watts, it’s opponent – Ryobi 2300, has a continuous power of 1800 watts.
After taking a quick look at the two machines, we will discuss further the distinction based on their price, utilities, and maintenance.
Ryobi 2300 can be found at a reasonable price on Amazon or other shopping sites, being around $1000. However, it is still a little much if you’re shopping on a budget.
Honda EU2200i costs a little more compared to its counterpart, which should be around $1200.
Honda EU2200i is incredibly lightweight at 45.6 pounds; the compact design allows you to carry it from one place to another without putting out too much effort, which comes in super handy when you’re in campsites or public parks.
Ryobi 2300 is somewhat heavier than its competitor, being around 56 pounds. Yet, the unit comes with two integrated wheels for relatively hassle-free transportation.
There is a reason why the Ryobi 2300 is somewhat cheaper than the Honda EU2000i.
If you’re expecting it to come with premium features, you’ll end up being disappointed. Ryobi 2300 is a decent generator; however, it only provides essential functions for specific powering tasks.
So, what features does Honda EU2200i has but Ryobi 2300 doesn’t? First thing first, there is an eco throttle for fuel efficiency as well as noise reduction, which is why Honda EU2200i (is a few decibels quieter than Ryobi’s.
What is more, Honda EU2200i has an auto shut off feature that will automatically turn off the machine when the oil level is too low. This will stop the engine from running with no oil, later resulting in a damaged unit.
Both machines support a parallel connection for extra power, but of course, this feature can only be used when you have two exact same units.
Also, Honda EU2200i fuel tank capacity is just a little bigger than that of the Ryobi. Nonetheless, Honda EU2200i is far more superior as it can run up to 10 hours at a quarter load, while Ryobi 2300 can only do 8 hours.
These inverter generators are backed with a three-year warranty for residential users; therefore, contact the customer support if there’s any problem occur while using.
Also, make sure to turn these boys on at least once every three months to keep them running under good conditions.
Quick Rundown Of Honda EU2200i
- This popular model can operate a wide variety of appliances, making it perfect for portable use at...
- So quiet, your neighbors will thank you. The EU2200i operates at 48 to 57 dBA, which is less noise...
- Add a second EU2200i for additional power. Two identical models can be paralleled with an optional...
- Thanks to our exclusive Eco-Throttle System, the EU2200i offers great fuel efficiency. Runs 4.0 to...
- Honda's inverter technology means stable, clean power in a smaller, lighter package. The precision...
- Super quiet thanks to the eco throttle which keeps the noise level around 58 dBA
- Decent running time up to 10 hours at a quarter load
- Easy one-pull start
- Lightweight and compact construction
- Fuel efficient
- Quite expensive
- Can’t tell how much fuel is left as there’s no gas gauge
Quick Rundown Of Ryobi 2300
- Monitor your machine through the GenControl Mobile app
- Easy-to-read LCD screen
- Telescopic handle and built-in wheels make transportation easier
- Provide clear and safe energy for your electronics
- Doesn’t come with a DC outlet
- Takes a few pulls to start
Have you decided which generator is the winner in the battle of Honda EU2200i Vs Ryobi 2300 yet?
To be honest, it is better in the long run if you save money and opt for the Honda EU2200i. But you need a generator that works decently and doesn’t exceed your budget too much, the Ryobi 2300 is a good alternative.