What is a better way to compare two brands than comparing specific products from them? The most popular small-sized generator of Honda is the EU2200i model; as for Ryobi, it is the Ryobi 2300.
Without further ado, we’re going to discuss the differences between Honda EU2200i Vs Ryobi 2300 to see which unit is better. Stay tuned!
Differences Between Honda EU2200i Vs Ryobi 2300
Below is a summary of the specifications:
Both generators utilize 4-stroke internal motors, with slight differences. To be more specific, the Ryobi 2300 is equipped with an 80 cc Ryobi OHV 4 motor capable of pumping out a typical wattage of 1800W and maximum wattage of 2300W. At half load, the generator can run up to 10.3 hours.
On the other hand, Honda EU2200i can run within 8,1 hours in the same condition as aforementioned due to its 121cc Honda GXR120 OHV motor, which can provide 1800W and 2200W when pushed to its maximum potential.
Although the generator from Honda has greater wattage provision, it consumes much less fuel. With a 0,95-gallon fuel tank, Honda EU2200i only consumes 0,12 gallons per hour, which is pretty economical. However, the Ryobi 2300 also has an energy consumption of 0.12 GPH but the fuel tank is larger at 1.2 gallons.
Both generators in the discussion are suitable for supplying sensitive appliances. Specifically, Ryobi 2300 has a THD output of less than 15%, and the Honda EU2200i is less than 3%.
Regardless of efficiency, you might not want to pull the recoil starters on both generator models at late hours as they can be quite loud (Ryobi generator: 57 dBA; Honda generator: 48 dBA).
The Ryobi 2300 generator has 22 x 18 x 12 inches and weighs merely 53 pounds. That’s light, even for an inverter generator!
Similarly, the Honda EU2200i is 16 x 20 x 11 inches in size and 40 pounds in weight. You can see that both generators are all compact, which won’t take up too much space in your house.
Both have handles to carry, however, Ryobi 2300 has wheels
If you’re expecting it to come with premium features, you’ll end up being disappointed. Ryobi 2300 is a decent generator; however, it only provides essential functions for specific powering tasks.
So, what features does Honda EU2200i has but Ryobi 2300 doesn’t? First thing first, there is an eco throttle for fuel efficiency as well as noise reduction, which is why Honda EU2200i (is a few decibels quieter than Ryobi’s.
What is more, Honda EU2200i has an auto shut off feature that will automatically turn off the machine when the oil level is too low. This will stop the engine from running with no oil, later resulting in a damaged unit.
Both machines support a parallel connection for extra power, but of course, this feature can only be used when you have two exact same units.
Quick Rundown Of Honda EU2200i
- This popular model can operate a wide variety of appliances, making it perfect for portable use at home, camping, on the job site, or much more. Reliable Power is now at your fingertips with Honda's Inverted Generators.
- So quiet, your neighbors will thank you. The EU2200i operates at 48 to 57 dBA, which is less noise than a normal conversation. This makes it ideal for camping, supplemental RV power and any other activity that requires quiet operation.
- Add a second EU2200i for additional power. Two identical models can be paralleled with an optional cable or cord for up to 4400 watts of power, or time-consuming applications.
- Thanks to our exclusive Eco-Throttle System, the EU2200i offers great fuel efficiency. Runs 4.0 to 9.6 hours on a single tank, depending on the load. This makes it the ideal choice for overnight power, or long-time applications.
- Honda's inverter technology means stable, clean power in a smaller, lighter package. The precision of Honda's inverter technology ensures our inverter generators produce power that is as reliable as the power you get from your outlets at home.
Quick Rundown Of Ryobi 2300
Have you decided which generator is the winner in the battle of Honda EU2200i Vs Ryobi 2300 yet?
To be honest, it is better in the long run if you save money and opt for the Honda EU2200i. But you need a generator that works decently and doesn’t exceed your budget too much, the Ryobi 2300 is a good alternative.