WEN 56203i and Honda EU2200i: Which portable generator is the better option for you? Still, have no idea? Let’s scroll down to find the answer!
Differences Between WEN 56203i and Honda EU2200i
Below is a summary of the specifications:
Both generators utilize 4-stroke internal motors, with slight differences. To be more specific, the WEN 56203i is equipped with a 779cc WEN OHV 4 motor capable of pumping out a typical wattage of 1700W and maximum wattage of 2000W. At half load, the generator can run up to 7 hours.
On the other hand, Honda EU2200i can run within 8,1 hours in the same condition as aforementioned due to its 121cc Honda GXR120 OHV motor, which can provide 1800W and 2200W when pushed to its maximum potential.
Although the generator from Honda has greater wattage provision, it consumes much less fuel. With a 0,95-gallon fuel tank, Honda EU2200i only consumes 0,12 gallons per hour, which is pretty economical. However, WEN 56203i uses 0,14 gallons per hour, so the 1-gallon tank depletes much quicker.
Both generators in the discussion are suitable for supplying sensitive appliances. Specifically, WEN 56203i has a THD output of less than 1,2%, and the Honda EU2200i is less than 3%.
Regardless of efficiency, you might not want to pull the recoil starters on both generator models at late hours as they can be quite loud (WEN generator: 51 dBA; Honda generator: 48 dBA).
The WEN 56203i generator has 17.3 x 11.5 x 17.7 inches and weighs merely 39 pounds. That’s light, even for an inverter generator!
Similarly, the Honda EU2200i is 16 x 20 x 11 inches in size and 40 pounds in weight. You can see that both generators are all compact, which won’t take up too much space in your house.
Both generator models don’t have wheels, but you shouldn’t be worried about their portability as they are quite light and compact!
WEN 56203i and Honda EU2200i all offer recoil starter features. In detail, recoil start – also known as the rope start – is one of the traditional and most popular methods to ignite a combustion engine.
There are slight differences in how the generator models supply energy. While they’re both equipped with two alternate-circuit sockets, WEN 56203i provides three additional direct-circuit sockets.
However, this additional feature isn’t entirely advantageous as some appliances typically work more efficiently if plugged into a DC power source, and they will also consume more power to function. DC currents are also a lot riskier to use if the maximum circuit ratings and wire sizes are not strictly adhered to.
Quick Rundown Of WEN 56203i
- Ultralight body weighs in at a mere 39 pounds for easy transport and storage
- Extremely quiet operation comparable to the sound of a normal conversation according to the US Department of Health and Human Services
- Produces 2000 surge watts and 1700 rated watts of clean power for safe charging of sensitive electronics (phones, tablets, televisions, computers, etc.)
- Fuel shutoff maximizes the generator’s lifespan by using up the remaining fuel in the carburetor before shutting down
- Includes two three-prong 120V receptacles, one 12V DC receptacle, two 5V USB ports, and a two-year warranty
Quick Rundown Of Honda EU2200i
- More Power. Same Legendary Quality. - The EU2200i delivers 10% more power than the previous EU2000i - enabling you to power more of what you need, in the same lightweight, compact package. The EU2200i gives you the power to get more done.
- Co-minder - Advanced Carbon Monoxide Detection System. CO-MINDER continuously monitors carbon monoxide (CO) levels. It automatically shuts down the generator before detected CO levels near the generator become dangerously high.
- Honda My Generator App + Bluetooth Capability - Honda's exclusive My Generator smartphone app offers remote generator operation and monitoring with impressive performance. The app includes wireless stop and operation monitoring.
- Lightweight And Compact - Weighing just over 47 pounds, the EU2200i is incredibly lightweight and portable. Thanks to Honda's inverter technology, it's easy to transport and store.
- Commercial Grade Reliability - The EU2200i is powered by the Honda GXR120 Commercial Series engine. At 121cc, the GXR120 is at the top of its class - ensuring the EU2200 always produces the power you need to get the job done.
And that’s how WEN 56203i Vs Honda EU2200i compares to one another! In the end, Honda EU2200i was better than its competition in most features except its power supply capacity, exterior design, and additional capacities. Why don’t you try comparing these generators to other models to explore all their sides?