Ingersoll Rand 2235TiMAX vs 2235QTiMAX. How can you point out the finer one? Which one will be worthy of your investment? No worries, our comprehensive review will walk you through the comparison in the pros, cons, and utilities of each product.
In the meantime, get yourself a notebook!
Differences Between Ingersoll Rand 2235TiMAX vs 2235QTiMAX
Judging from the first glance, these two guys might be next to identical. Both the Ingersoll Rand 2235TiMAX vs 2235QTiMAX are air impact drivers from the series of the same well-known brand. They also do the main job of mechanical usage.
However, there are considerable differences in their automotive specifications, durability, and performance. Let’s take a quick peek!
Just like we’ve mentioned earlier, these two products do not look that much of a difference: both with the blue handles, some gray touch in the front, and some red on the switch.
And although these two guys weigh about 4.63 lbs, the Ingersoll Rand 2235TiMAX is about 1.5 times bigger than the other.
On their grips, we can see they’re made of hard yet light plastics with some random “L” textures on and without any backing pads to support our hands.
Looking from the backend, these Ingersoll Rand buddies have four different settings of power adjustment, forward and reverse, which would be of great help for you to find the best tune levels when working.
To change it, you will need to press the left/right button underneath and then move the dial. These two steps instead of one step in other products might prevent you from accidentally hitting the power button.
Released in the same Ingersoll Rand 2235 series for years already, both the TiMAX and the QTiMAX still keep their trophy as one of the best impact drivers both on the common market and to the automotive engineers.
One of the contributing reasons why they have been there for so long is the affordable price. We mean, they’re just too good to be sold at only around $300.
You might have noticed that the name of the 2235TiMAX and 2235QTiMAX got a “Q” difference. It’s because the “Q” stands for “quiet”, which means the latter has been revised with the quiet technology.
Thus, no noise whatsoever even when you’re grappling with even big DIY tasks.
It’s such black and white when compared with the 2235TiMAX which got a roaring 1/2″ drive pneumatic impact. Also, you’re required to equip yourself with every hearing protection when working with this guy.
Still, they’re both worth your money due to the number of working torques, being up to 1200 torques at maximum levels. At the same time, they barely move your hands and wrists AT ALL. Hence, throw them any strenuous automotive repair and you’ll be as effortless as ever.
Both of these Ingersoll Rand products require regular oiled-ups to keep the anvil spotlessly smooth.
Also, the manufacturer has made a two-year warranty for both of these products. So make sure to make good use out of it.
Quick Rundown Of Ingersoll Rand 2235TiMAX
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE: Punish the toughest bolts with 1,350 ft-lbs. of nut-busting torque powered by Ingersoll Rand’s finely-tuned twin hammer impact mechanism
- UNRIVALED DURABILITY: Titanium hammer case and steel wear-plate protect the tool from the harshest environments
- ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT: At only 4.6 lbs, no other impact gun on the market can match the combined power and weight of the 2235TiMAX
- COMPOSITE HOUSING: Impact- and chemical-resistant housing protects against repeated drops and exposure to shop fluids
- ULTIMATE RELIABILITY: Count on this tool to get the job done time and time again, no matter the difficulty
- A 4.63-pound lightweight body
- Can last for a decade without breaking up
- Sufficiently strong for big DIY/automotive tasks
- Good warranty terms
- Supreme quality
- Very loud
- Not very ergonomic handle
Quick Rundown Of Ingersoll Rand 2235QTiMAX
- PATENTED QUIET TECHNOLOGY: Ingersoll Rand’s patented Quiet Tool Technology reduces sound levels without compromising best-in-class power performance.
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE: Punish the toughest bolts with 1,350 ft-lbs. of nut-busting torque powered by Ingersoll Rand’s finely-tuned twin hammer impact mechanism.
- UNRIVALED DURABILITY: Titanium hammer case and steel wear-plate protect the tool from the harshest environments.
- ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT: At only 4.6 lbs, no other impact gun on the market can match the combined power and weight of the 2235TiMAX.
- COMPOSITE HOUSING: Impact- and chemical-resistant housing protects against repeated drops and exposure to shop fluids.
- A 4.63-pound lightweight body
- Great durability
- Makes next to no noise when working
- Makes strenuous DIY tasks effortless
- Easy maintenance
- Saves time
- Still a little off-balanced
Popular Alternatives Worth Considering:
We bet you’ve had some pretty ideas on how the Ingersoll Rand 2235TiMAX vs 2235QTiMAX work, haven’t you? As for me, personally speaking, I chose Ingersoll Rand 2235QTiMAX noise-reduced features and effortless usage.
But it’s totally up to you to decide. Choose smart!