Milwaukee 2494-22 and 2497-22 are two of Milwaukee’s most impressive cordless drill/driver sets. So, which one is better?
Difference between Milwaukee 2494-22 and 2497-22
The Milwaukee 2494-22 set enhances raw power with the signature compact cordless drill driver M12 lithium-ion dual tool kit from its manufacturer. This component is presented in the set’s two leading products – M12™ 3/8″ Drill/Driver (2407-20) and the M12™ 1/4″ Hex Impact Driver (2462-20).
These electric-powered drills and drivers are adapted with new technologies, automatically shielding them from overheating and the battery from enduring too much intensity.
The two tools use REDLITHIUM batteries, giving you amazing power and speed for any purpose. The three 12 Volt affect drivers with a speed of 3400rpms, which means the driver can drive up approximately 50 screws in five minutes. The speed of this Milwaukee 2494-22 is somewhat unbeatable.
In short, Milwaukee 2494-22 can offer you unparalleled power with a great speed that will surely meet your expectations.
Conversely, the Milwaukee 2497-22 set of drills and drivers is more user-friendly and gentle. It shares the same cordless framework with its counterpart, conveying the power and linear force needed.
This set has an M12™ 3/8″ Hammer Drill/Driver and the M12™ 1/4″ Hex Impact Driver, fueled with REDLITHIUM, not different from the other set. However, this set owns a newly designed cordless system, meeting the demands required for some professional tasks.
Despite the similarities, the vibration users have to endure is insignificant compared to the previous option. Even though the set functions smoothly and creates minimum vibration, it still holds great power to perform its job.
The Milwaukee 2494-22 driver’s head is designed to be as small and sharp as possible to specialize in little spaces, while its counterpart owns a 7-inch head.
Despite being equally recognized as perfectly designed, the Milwaukee 2494-22 driver still has some minor drawbacks compared to the Milwaukee 2497-22. For instance, the latter’s handles are designed to equalize the handle and reduce the vibration when using, hence simplify the operation.
Moreover, knowing the Milwaukee 2494-22 of 7 pounds, the Milwaukee 2497-22 is clearly ahead of the game with the weight of 3.3 pounds.
Generally, the two sets come with all the necessary accessories like batteries, chargers, spare heads, etc.
In case you want to buy belt clips or anything else, have a look at Milwaukee’s official website. You will have abundant choices of gadgets and products that are definitely compatible with both sets of drills and drives.
Quick Rundown Of Milwaukee 2494-22
- 3/8" DRILL / DRIVER (2407-20): This all-metal drill / driver combines the compact size of a 12 volt tool with Milwaukee’s highest standards for power. With speeds reaching 1,500 RPM and a 20 position clutch to adjust your torque up to 275 inch pounds, you’ll have more than enough power to drive fasteners and drill holes through a variety of residential and industrial projects
- 1/4" HEX IMPACT DRIVER (2462-20): A whopping 2,500 RPM and 1,000 Inch Pounds of torque define this beast of a 12 Volt tool. Handling of it is supported with the textured grip, which gives you improved control in slippery conditions. It also has an onboard LED lighting system for your driving subjects in dimmer areas, and a fuel gauge that lets you know how much work you can still do on a single charge
- 2 x 12 VOLT LITHIUM ION BATTERIES (48-11-2401): These 12V Lithium Ion batteries can power the M12 line of Milwaukee power tools. They come packed with RedLink intelligence, an innovation that allows communication between the battery and the tools they power. This communication prevents them from sending too much power into the tool and potentially overheating it. On top of that, their compact size gives you the greatest ease of control out of any other M12 li ion battery
- M12 BATTERY CHARGER (48-22-2424): This will take care of your M12 batteries without a problem. It has a battery charging status indicator that lets you know if a battery is charging, has charged, or requires maintenance. It even boasts a pass-through plug to conserve your outlet space
- CONTRACTOR BAG: Keep your tools, batteries, and chargers in this contractor’s bag. It has thick cross-x stitching keeping its handles in place, and its rugged fabric will keep whatever is stored in it protected
Quick Rundown Of Milwaukee 2497-22
- The product is easy to use
- The product is durable
- The product is manufactured in China
- M12 3/8-Inch Hammer Drill Driver delivers best-in-class 275 in-lbs. of peak torque, 0-400 / 0-1,500 RPM, & 0-22,500 BPM at just 2.8 lbs
- M12 1/4-Inch Hex Impact Driver delivers best-in-class 850 in-lbs. of torque at only 2.3 lbs. and 0-2000 RPM for fast driving
Our honest opinion, the Milwaukee 2494-22 and Milwaukee 2497-22 are both well-manufactured with outstanding features and designs. Therefore, your needs and purposes matter the most when choosing between these two products.