Rikon 10-324 Vs 10-325, the battle between the two most sought-after band saws of Rikon, is indeed burning as we can hardly determine the winner at first sight.
My post would satisfy all your curiosity by listing all worth-noted features and usages if you either don’t know where to start or want to save tons of time.
Let’s see which one will grasp more appreciation!
Similarities between Rikon 10-324 and 10-325
These machines are the two most popular products of the same manufacturer, thus the way they were designed bears a lot of similarities, let’s see the relations between them:
- Both come with a dimension of 25 x 30 x 75 inches, which is suitable for all kinds of users.
- Both tools provide 2 blade speed modes at 1445 and 2950 FPM, which is flexible for most basic types of work.
- Both are installed with a 1 1/2 amp motor, which is not as powerful as other industrial machines, yet still enough to manage DIY or small scale projects.
Differences between Rikon 10-324 and 10-325
The Rikon 10-324 and 10-325 may share many features in common, yet I believe that the differences between them are also important in deciding each unit’s performance.
Regarding the cutting ability, both units provide you with an accurate and fast rip with the 115 inches long and 13 inches cutting depth blade.
However, the Rikon 10-324 will offer you a more extensive range of table tilt when featuring the left angle of 5° and right of 45°.
Considering the working environment, Rikon 10-325 has gained back its reputation when providing you a built-in work light. This would enrich your vision and thus, improve your work process in the low-light condition.
The Rikon 10-325 is modernized to be more compact yet still hold its sturdiness. This tool weighs only 37 pounds, which is significantly lighter than its rival. This advantage in the weight area will offer you effortless and straightforward transportation.
Quick Rundown Of Rikon 10-324
- Ball-Bearing Blade Guides - Upper and lower ball-bearing blade guides and thrust bearings reduce...
- Rack and Pinion Guide Post – Adjust the cutting depth easily with the turn of a knob. New inch...
- Extra Tall Rip Fence – Increased fence and re-saw bar heights of 6" give added support of lumber...
- Rear 115V Power Outlet – Handy electrical outlet for plugging in lights, radios, phone chargers...
- Takes 111” Blades – Band saw accepts all styles of 111” long blades from 3/16” to 3/4” in...
- Strong blade
- Cast iron fence and brake system
- Flexible when offering 40° tilt
- Comes with a quick-release blade tension
- Quite affordable
- Poor dust collection
Quick Rundown Of Rikon 10-325
- Quick-release blade tension
- 2 speeds: 1445/2950 ft/min
- Hinged blade guard with sight window
- Large 16-by-21-1/2-inch work table
- 4-inch dust port
- Equipped with a firm steel frame
- Precise cut thanks to the sharp and durable blade
- Solid cast table trunnion enables easier adjustment
- Compact yet sturdy
- Equipped with a work light
- Hard to assemble
Both the Rikon 10-324 and 10-325 are a great partner of woodworkers because of the accuracy and convenience they deliver.
Yet, one thing that I appreciate the Rikon 10-324 more is the comfort and exactness it provides no matter how complicated the cutting is.
We hope this Rikon 10-324 Vs 10-325 review will be of great help in determining your most trustworthy companion.
Popular Alternatives Worth Considering: