Between the Sun Joe3001 and the Sun Joe 4 SPZ4001, they share a lot of similar traits. They have the same operating pressure, which is 2030 PSI. Their water volume is 1.76 GPM.
However, this doesn’t mean these products are the carbon copies of each other. In the following, we’ll give you a thorough comparison so you can see which tool suits your needs best.
Differences Between Sun Joe SPX3000 vs SPX3001
In this part, we’ll take a look at their exterior design. From the first look, these two products look very different from each other. Let’s talk about the Sun Joe SPX3001 first.
The Sun Joe SPX3001 hose reel is 33.5 inches in height and is only 16.5 inches in width. The hose reel has a depth of 14.4 inches and weighs 36 lbs. The design of the SPX3001 is pretty narrow, so it won’t take up too much space in your garage.
Now, let’s move on to its competitor. The height and width of the Sun Joe SPX4001 are 36.64 inches and 19.3 inches, respectively. The tool’s depth is 21.2 inches, and it weighs 32.4 inches.
From this, we can conclude that the Sun Joe SPX3001 washer, despite being smaller, is way heavier than the Sun Joe SPX4001. Meanwhile, the SPX4001 weighs lighter and can contain more water.
Although, we must say that the weight difference is not that significant, and you can still carry the SPX3001 around quite easily. What you can consider here is the shape of the two devices.
Despite having smaller in size, the SPX4001 is quite bulky in appearance. On the other hand, the SPX3001 is bigger but has a neater design, saving up some space in your garage.
For this round, the Sun Joe SPX3001 won.
In this aspect, the SPX3001 version and its counterpart, the SPX4001 hose reel, seem identical. The engine power of both products is 1800W. Their power cord is 35 ft in length, and they have the same power output, which is 14.5.
For this one, both are very powerful devices that can perform any cleaning task effectively.
Total stop system
As the name suggests, the total stop system, or TSS, is a mechanism that stops the machine automatically when it is not working. This system applies to any function of the device. The feature will not only save energy but also prolong the machine’s lifespan.
The total stop system in both washers has proved to work extremely well. The system is very responsive, and it stops almost instantly when not in use. So for this round, it’s a draw between the two devices.
Pressure select technology
In the SPX3001, you can only have one level of pressure. Because of that, users will have to rely on changing the nozzle if they want to adjust the force coming from the hose.
On the contrary, SPX4001 is equipped with this convenient feature so that users don’t have to bother changing the nozzle. If users want to change the pressure, they only need to push a button.
This equipment is a pretty trivial detail, but it does affect your experience using the product. In both washers, you get a hose reel. A hose reel’s function is to help you adjust the length of your hose and make it easier to work with. Another benefit of the hose reel is to roll in the hose, which will make storing tidier.
Both washers have a hose reel. But, the SPX4001 has been reported to be inconsistent when it comes to quality. In the spx4001, the handle of the reel is a bit delicate and might break easily. In contrast, the SPX3001’s hose reel is more stable. So in this round, we’d like to announce SPX3001 as the winner.
In conclusion, it was pretty hard to judge since both machines seem to function equally well. But we think that we lean more towards the SPX3001 version.
Compared to its competitors, the SPX3001 has fewer advancements. Thus, it can appear to be pretty basic. However, this device shows that it can still perform the job as effectively as the other without the extra accessories. Meanwhile, the SPX4001 has some great benefits, yet it doesn’t ensure as much in terms of quality.
Quick Rundown Of Sun Joe SPX3001
- POWERFUL MOTOR: Powerful 14. 5-amp/1800-Watt motor generates up to 2030 PSI/1. 76 GPM for maximum cleaning power
- QUICK-CONNECT SPRAY TIPS: 5 Quick-Connect spray tips (0?, 15?, 25?, 40? and soap) tackle light, medium and heavy duty cleaning tasks
- ONBOARD REEL: Onboard reel keeps 20 ft. (6m) high pressure hose organized for quick and easy clean-up and storage
- TSS (Total Stop System): Automatically shuts off pump when trigger is not engaged to save energy and prolong pump life
- DETERGENT TANK: Extra large onboard 40. 6 fl oz. (1. 2 l) detergent tank. Water inlet temperature (max) - 104 degrees farenheit
- Nice and tidy design
- Powerful pressure
- Total stop system
- Good-quality equipment
- A bit too basic
- No pressure selection
Quick Rundown Of Sun Joe SPX4001
- POWERFUL MOTOR: Powerful 14. 5 amp motor generates up to 2030 PSI/1. 76 GPM for maximum cleaning power
- PRESSURE SELECT TECHNOLOGY: Choose from two powerful cleaning options - LOW/1450 PSI for everyday dirt, grease + grime, and HIGH/2030 PSI to tackle your toughest cleaning tasks.
- QUICK-CONNECT SPRAY TIPS: 5 Quick-Connect spray tips (0, 15, 25, 40, soap) tackle light, medium and heavy duty cleaning tasks
- ONBOARD HOSE REEL: Keeps 20-ft high pressure hose organized for quick and easy clean-up and storage. Hose Thread: M22
- DETERGENT TANK: Onboard 54. 1 fl oz. detergent tank lets you dial-in just the right amount of detergent to give your cleaning blast a boost!
- Powerful machine
- Has pressure selection system
- Has a hose reel
- Quality not guaranteed
In the comparison of the two machines, we acknowledge that the SPX4001 does have some notable innovations. But since the quality of this line is not very consistent, we have to go with the SPX3001 line.
The Sun Joe SPX3001 is simplistic but it still shares a great number of significant features with SPX4001. Moreover, it works just as well and has all the necessary equipment.
There you have it, a detailed comparison between the Sun Joe SPX3001 vs SPX4001. We hope that you’ve gathered all the needed information from our review.